Any time a process-heavy requirement is mandated in any industry, you’ll usually see the following progression of events:
The following thought progression usually ensues:
- Oh no! - The process is mandated
- This is good enough! - Companies scramble to implement as well as they can to meet the minimum requirements
- Oops, this is expensive! - Over time, they determine they’ve implemented it in a very inefficient way and it’s costing way too much
- Let’s offshore it! – So they try to determine lower cost ways of achieving the same goal, like offshoring
- Well that didn’t work! – Cost is reduced but schedules are blown
- Let’s get smarter! – Efforts to optimize and automate are finally considered
ISO 26262 functional safety is no different than other process-heavy mandates.
Here's a thought: What if everyone bypassed steps 2-5 and went straight to 6?
LHP can help companies go from “oh no” to “let’s get smarter” with certified functional safety implementation. LHP is specialized in helping customers develop safety-critical electrical, electronic, and programmable electronic products and can help customers meet any functional safety standard.
Want more information about the Functional Safety Services LHP offers?